This course is a very intensive full day basic introduction to the UK Immunisation Schedule. The teaching will follow the Core Curriculum Topics of the National Minimum Standards for Immunisation Training (HPA 2005), with exception of BLS and anaphylaxis training. It is suitable for Registered Nurses who are new to vaccination and immunisation and who will be vaccinating as part of their role. The course will focus upon the routine UK Vaccination Programme vaccine schedule. It will not address vaccination and immunisation for travel purposes.
It will be delivered by an experienced former practice nurse and supported by the regional Public Health England Screening and Immunisation team. The collaboration of these experts ensures that a local perspective is encompassed as well as highlighting issues relating to vaccination and immunisation.
- Discuss and revise 12 core areas of knowledge in National Core Curriculum
- The aims of immunisation: national policy and schedules
- The immune system and how vaccines work
- Vaccine preventable diseases
- The different types of vaccines used and their composition
- Current issues and controversies regarding immunisation
- Communicating with patients and parents
- Legal aspects of vaccination
- Storage and handling of vaccines
- Correct administration of vaccines
- Anaphylaxis and other adverse events (brief overview only)
- Documentation, record keeping and reporting
- Strategies for improving immunisation rates
The Fundamentals of Immunisation Courses will be held on a number of dates held at various campuses throughout the year at a cost of £300.00 per delegate
N.B: Each course will require a minimum number of delegate attendance to be confirmed – A full refund will be made to delegates if the School of Health and Social Care have to cancel any courses; we will always give as much notice as possible if this does occur. Unfortunately we cannot offer a refund if places are cancelled by delegates.
All bookings must be made through the online system where different payment options are available.
Date Continued Date Time Location Tuesday 15th March 2019 Wednesday 16th October 2019 09.30 - 16.30 Centre of Excellence, Stafford Tuesday 28th January 2020 Wednesday 29th January 2020 09.00 - 16.30 Centre of Excellence, Shrewsbury
For any further information concerning any of these short courses please contact Jackie Redhead on 01785 353 758 or firstname.lastname@example.org