This course is an intensive half day update on Immunisation that will revise the Core Curriculum Topics of the National Minimum Standards for Immunisation Training (HPA 2005) and will be very informative and very current and will be predominately aimed at Registered Nurses who regularly immunise patients in accordance with the routine UK immunisation schedule.
It will be delivered by an experienced former practice nurse and supported by the regional Public Health England Screening and Immunisation team. The collaboration of these experts ensures that a local perspective is encompassed as well as highlighting issues relating to vaccination and immunisation. Please be aware that this course will not deliver basic BLS or Anaphylaxis training.
- Discuss and revise 12 core areas of knowledge in National Core Curriculum
- The aims of immunisation: national policy and schedules
- The immune system and how vaccines work
- Vaccine preventable diseases
- The different types of vaccines used and their composition
- Current issues and controversies regarding immunisation
- Communicating with patients and parents
- Legal aspects of vaccination
- Storage and handling of vaccines
- Correct administration of vaccines
- Anaphylaxis and other adverse events (brief overview only)
- Documentation, record keeping and reporting
- Strategies for improving immunisation rates
The immuniser update course will be held at regular intervals at each campus throughout the year at a cost of £50.00 per delegate (This list will be updated regularly)
N.B: Each course will require a minimum number of delegate attendance to be confirmed – A full refund will be made to delegates if the Faculty of Health Sciences have to cancel any courses; we will always give as much notice as possible if this does occur. Unfortunately we cannot offer a refund if places are cancelled by delegates.
Date Time Location Tuesday 21st August 2018 13.00-16.30 Royal Shrewsbury Hospital, School of Health and Social Care - Room C
For any further information concerning any of these short courses please contact Jackie Redhead on 01785 353 758 or email@example.com