This course is an intensive half day update on Immunisation that will revise the Core Curriculum Topics of the National Minimum Standards for Immunisation Training (HPA 2005) and will be very informative and very current and will be predominately aimed at Registered Nurses who regularly immunise patients in accordance with the routine UK immunisation schedule.
It will be delivered by an experienced former practice nurse and supported by the regional Public Health England Screening and Immunisation team. The collaboration of these experts ensures that a local perspective is encompassed as well as highlighting issues relating to vaccination and immunisation. Please be aware that this course will not deliver basic BLS or Anaphylaxis training.
The immuniser update course will be held at regular intervals at each campus throughout the year at a cost of £80.00 per delegate (This list will be updated regularly)
- Discuss and revise 12 core areas of knowledge in National Core Curriculum
- The aims of immunisation: national policy and schedules
- The immune system and how vaccines work
- Vaccine preventable diseases
- The different types of vaccines used and their composition
- Current issues and controversies regarding immunisation
- Communicating with patients and parents
- Legal aspects of vaccination
- Storage and handling of vaccines
- Correct administration of vaccines
- Anaphylaxis and other adverse events (brief overview only)
- Documentation, record keeping and reporting
- Strategies for improving immunisation rates
N.B:Each course will require a minimum number of delegate attendance to be confirmed – A full refund will be made to delegates if the School of Health and Social Care have to cancel any courses; we will always give as much notice as possible if this does occur. Unfortunately we cannot offer a refund if places are cancelled by delegates.
All bookings must be made through the online system where different payment options are available.
Date Time Location Wednesday 1 July 2020 09.30 - 13.00 Leek Road Campus, Stoke On Trent, Monday 6 July 2020 09.30 - 13.00 Centre of Excellence Stafford, Tuesday 4 August 2020 09.30 - 13.00 Centre of Excellence Shrewsbury, Wednesday 5 August 2020 for HCSW only 09.30 - 13.00 Centre of Excellence Stafford, Monday 10 August 2020 for HCSW only 13.00 - 16.30 Centre of Excellence Shrewsbury, Tuesday 11 August 2020 13.00 - 16.30 Centre of Excellence Stafford, Wednesday 12 August 2020 13.00 - 16.30 Centre of Excellence Shrewsbury, Wednesday 10 February 2021 09.30 - 13.00 Centre of Excellence Stafford, Tuesday 16 February 2021 09.30 - 13.00 Centre of Excellence Shrewsbury,
For any further information concerning any of these short courses please contact Jackie Redhead on 01785 353 758 or email@example.com