This course is an intensive full day update and is aimed Registered Nurses who work in a primary care setting but have little experience in travel health consultations.
The course will be delivered by a former practice nurse with specialist travel health qualification and active member of the Faculty of Travel Medicine of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow and co-editor of the faculty journal.
- Understand basics of risk assessment for traveller
- Know where to access PGD’s and understand your role in relation to them.
- Know how and where to access appropriate resources to support a travel health consultation.
- Be able to plan a simple vaccine schedule using some of the more commonly used vaccines.
- Understand guidelines on malaria prophylaxis for travellers.
- You will have the opportunity to familiarise yourself with NaTHNaC website while working through uncomplicated patient based scenarios.
The travel health course will be held at regular intervals at each campus throughout the year at a cost of £100.00 per delegate for 2018 dates and £175 for 2019 dates.
N.B: Each course will require a minimum number of delegate attendance to be confirmed – A full refund will be made to delegates if the School of Health and Social Care have to cancel any courses; we will always give as much notice as possible if this does occur. Unfortunately we cannot offer a refund if places are cancelled by delegates.
Date Time Location Wednesday 6th March 2019 09.00 - 16.30 Centre of Excellence Stafford
For any further information concerning any of these short courses please contact Jackie Redhead on 01785 353 758 or firstname.lastname@example.org