This course is an intensive full day update and is aimed Registered Nurses who work in a primary care setting but have little experience in travel health consultations.
The course will be delivered by a former practice nurse with specialist travel health qualification and active member of the Faculty of Travel Medicine of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow and co-editor of the faculty journal.
- Understand basics of risk assessment for traveller
- Know where to access PGD’s and understand your role in relation to them.
- Know how and where to access appropriate resources to support a travel health consultation.
- Be able to plan a simple vaccine schedule using some of the more commonly used vaccines.
- Understand guidelines on malaria prophylaxis for travellers.
- You will have the opportunity to familiarise yourself with NaTHNaC website while working through uncomplicated patient based scenarios.
The travel health course will be held at regular intervals at each campus throughout the year at a cost of £100.00 per delegate
N.B: Each course will require a minimum number of delegate attendance to be confirmed – A full refund will be made to delegates if the Faculty of Health Sciences have to cancel any courses; we will always give as much notice as possible if this does occur. Unfortunately we cannot offer a refund if places are cancelled by delegates.
Date Time Location Monday 20 November 2017 09.00 - 16.30 Centre of Excellence Stafford Monday 23 April 2018 09.00 - 16.30 Leek Road Campus, Stoke on Trent Wednesday 25 July 2018 09.00 - 16.30 Centre of Excellence Shrewsbury
For any further information concerning any of these short courses please contact Jackie Redhead on 01785 353 758 or firstname.lastname@example.org